Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nokia N Series Mobile Phones Question?

Hi! I'm going to buy a new mobile phone in this 1st half of 2009. I've been using 3 Nokia mobile phones since about 7 years ago. They all work pretty well for me, at least in the first 2 or 2 and a half years. I've been thinking of getting the up-coming N97, but if it would be too big and too heavy for me, then I might just going to buy the N85. I have never really use an N Series before, but I've been hearing rumours that the N Series is really bad, it also would go on error very often after the 1st year (may be this cause by how the owner handle the phone, usually they've been dropped or thrown for some or many time, accidentally or not).



If it's true, then I might just going to get other phone. Because I don't think I will be able to get a new phone after using N Series for a year. I probably can only change phone after 2 or 3 or even 4 years. And yes, sometimes I dropped my phone accidentally, but I try not to.



If I should get other phone, which 1 should I get and why?

I don't have an iPod, and love to use my phone as multimedia player (camera, music, videos, internet, etc...)



No offense if there are people who pro with the Nokia N Series or are Nokia staffs member.



Any suggestion %26amp; explanation will be read very carefully one by one and will be very and highly appreciated! (especially because I don't really know about phones).



Thank you very much! ^^ ;) :) :)Nokia N Series Mobile Phones Question?
Hmm... Well, if the error is found in only the operation of the handset, it might be caused by an error in operating system or an attack of a virus. But, an on-device formatting or a software-update (also known as 'firmware-update') will solve it, which is very easy and can be done for free. To prevent virus-attacks, compatible mobile-antivirus softwares are also available. All N-Series handsets are smartphones and run on a Series60 operating software, which is highly advanced and powerful. If it is a physical damage, it might be caused by rough usage or an external hit. So, I don't think you should worry much as my previous handset, all my previous handsets had such errors, but the errors of my last handset, i.e. Nokia 5200, which doesn't have such an advanced operating system, was solved by a software-update (earlier, I didn't know that a firmware-update could solve such problems). And also, I have just remembered, my current phone had a problem with the 'Photos' application before updating the firmware to the latest version, but now, it's working fine.

-

My previous answer:

What you heard about NSeries is not true. I'm using a Nokia N78 and I like it. I think you should ignore such rumors. And even, if you do find an error in the operation, a software-update will solve it. My phone is a pretty lightweight phone and I had also dropped it once, from the height of over a metre, but it survived without any damage or scratch. I guess that's because its sides are metallic.

Well, according to the information on Nokia's website, both N97 and N85 are much heavy. N97 weighs 150 gm and N85 weighs 120 gm. Whereas, N78 weighs only 101.8 gm. Visit http://www.nokiausa.com/n78 and see if you're interested in this one. But, it's much cheaper than N97 and N85. So, if you want more features than N78 by paying more, I suggest you to go for N79 (Weighs 97 gm; visit http://www.nokiausa.com/n79 ) or Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (weighs 109 gm; visit http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/ph ). N79 has a 5 megapixels' camera with dual flash, whereas, 5800 XpressMusic has a 3.2%26quot; touchscreen and the latest Series60 OS- Series60 V5.0 , which is also supported by N97.Nokia N Series Mobile Phones Question?
I have N70 for 2yrs and using it almost like a

PC. (I have Excel, word, pdf reader,img viewer, IM messenger,anti-theft sw,torch). If people say that phone hangs or error it probably means a virus. As in any PC you should have a Anti-Virus sw or carefull while installing new applications. (Nokia after-sales service is good)

No comments:

Post a Comment