Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change file type when sending a picture from phone?

I try to send a mutlimedia message to my email with a picture from my phone, but I can't save the picture to my computer. when I send the picture, it is a .jpg file, but when I go to open the pic from my email, it says it's a .bin file so I can't save it. Before I was able to save my pics, so I know it's not the phone, since I have also changed phones and it does the same thing. Is there something I can change on the computer??How do i change file type when sending a picture from phone?
I cant give exact instructions because i'm on a mac right now, but in an explorer window, go to tools, and then folder options.



I think it's on the second tab, there's a checklist that says %26quot;

Hide Extensions for known file types.%26quot; Make sure that's NOT checked and OK it.



Then, save that photo.bin file to the desktop, click it once, and hit F2, then rename it to whatever.jpg. That should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment