Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?

Apparently, Nokia alone produce 1,000,000 phones a day, which are shipped to about 130 countries. That is a huge number, considering, in a week, you've made enough phones for everyone in the world to own one. Considering over half the world own mobile phones now, how often do people change their phones?On average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?
I really dont think that there is any hard data availible that can answer the question.

My guess would be that most people change %26quot;upgrade%26quot; at 12 to 24 months (most happening at 18 to 24 months)

The Mobile cellular industry is now locking people into 18 to 24 month contracts, most people wait till they are eligable for upgrade then sign I new contract and get a new phone then.

Myself, I change my phone about every 3 months. I purchase a phone from other sources (not the provider) 3 months later, sell the phone and buy a new. I never lock myself into a long term contract that way and for a few dollars every 3 months, I can try the latest and greatestOn average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?
I tend to get a new one every year and a half. I don't think the life expectancy of a cell phone is too long. I don't switch plans though I stay with mine.On average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?
i can not tell for others. but usually i have an urge to change the phone once in 3 to 6 months. quite costly habit.On average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?
i change every year and ahalf to two yearsOn average, how often do people change/upgrade their mobile/cell phones?
On average, people change their phones when they change their plan (every 2 years), unless their phone breaks and needs to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment