Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get phone numbers from my SIM card on my old cell phone to show up on the new cell phone?

I just purchased a replacement phone that is unlocked and also from ATT as my old phone is from ATT. I put the SIM card in and the phone is working, however, my phone list/address book appears empty. DO I need to do something else? I still have the same carrier and all I did is change phones and SIM cards.



Thanks in advance.How do I get phone numbers from my SIM card on my old cell phone to show up on the new cell phone?
you probably just had your numbers stored in the phone's memory instead of the SIM memory. put your SIM back into your old phone and copy all your contacts to the SIM. there should be an option to do this when looking at your contact list. when looking at the contact list, go to options..and then copy to SIM...then select all contacts, wait for the phone to finish copying them to the SIM, then you're done. now you can put your SIM back into your new phone and all your contacts should be there!How do I get phone numbers from my SIM card on my old cell phone to show up on the new cell phone?
You would need to put your old sim card into your new phone. Now if you have done that and you still have no address book then you must have saved your contacts on the phone instead of the SIM. I have done that before and it sucks. What you can do then is take you SIM and put it back in the old phone (if it works), and you sync your phone book to the card and then put the card in the new phone and all the info should be on there. I just had to do this a couple of weeks ago and I am with T Mobile.



What is up with the haters giving my GREAT answer a thumbs down!

No comments:

Post a Comment