Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the frequency of my home phone?

I have wireless internet and my phone happens to be digital and on the same frequency, so every time I make a call it kicks me off the internet. How do I change my phones frequency?How do I change the frequency of my home phone?
you cannot change the phone but you can change the channel of the wireless router.How do I change the frequency of my home phone?
you can not change the frequency of the phone..... most modern cordless phones automatically change channels several times a second for security, and to get the best signal at that moment...



1- if you have DSL you should ensure that you have a filter connected to all telephones, fax machines, alarm system, satellite box etc. basically anything connected to your line that is not the DSL modem...



2- if you have a 2.4Ghz phone and wifi you could replace the phone with a panasonic DECT phone, or log into your router at http://192.168.1.1 using admin/admin or admin/password as the log in, and change the channel that the wifi transmits on.How do I change the frequency of my home phone?
I would guess that you have a 2.4 GHz cordless phone system which is the same frequency as 802.11 a/b/g WiFi networks use (and Bluetooth and baby monitors ...) You can either change your WiFi router to 802.11n or change your cordless phone system. The most secure option is a DECT 6.0 cordless phone system, which also has great range. DECT 6.0 is exclusively for cordless phones and you will not get any interference. In the event that you require a multi line phone system you will need to upgrade to a 5.8 GHz cordless phone. More details on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment